- Introduction and Consent.
- Information Collected by Flash.
- Purposes for Which Flash Collects, Stores, Shares, Uses and Processes Your Personal Information.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Amending Your Personal Information.
- Entities with whom We Will Share Your Personal Information.
- Marketing and Communication.
- Protecting Your Personal Information.
- General Provisions.
* The types of personal information collected from you by Flash include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
Information Collected upon Registration and Account Creation: We receive and store any information you provide when creating an account/registering with the Flash App. As part of your registration with the Flash App, you will be requested to provide us with certain personal information, including, but not limited to, the following:
* your name (first name and last name);
* email address (which may be subject to verification by Flash at its sole discretion);
* mobile number;
* valid proof of identification (e.g. in the form of a national ID card or passport); and
* some additional information about you such as your date of birth or other identifying information as may be requested by Flash.
Payment Instrument Information: As part of your registration with theFlash App and prior to your use of the Service, you will be prompted to provide us with payment instrument information including but not limited to the following: (1) your credit card/debit card details, (2) details of any other eligible payment method accepted by Flash and (3) any other information related to the relevant debit/credit card and/or payment method (if any).
Phone Contacts Information: You may choose to allow Flash access to your device’s contacts for purposes of (i) facilitating your undertaking of bill payments on behalf of others; and (ii) providing you with other personalized services. However, you are entitled to stop sharing your phone contacts with us at any time by amending the permission settings of Your Flash Account.
Camera: You may choose to allow Flash access to your devices’ camera for purposes of scanning (i) QR codes to make transactions; and (ii) barcodes to identify relevant information. However, you are entitled to opt out of your usage of your devices’ camera at any time by amending the permission settings of Your Flash Account, although doing so may render certain features of the Flash App unavailable to you.
Photos and External Storage: You may choose to allow Flash access to your devices’ photos and/or external storage for purposes of (i) downloading transaction receipts; and (ii) uploading QR codes to make payments. However, you are entitled to opt out of your usage of your devices’ photos and/or external storage at any time by amending the permission settings of Your Flash Account, although doing so may render certain features of the Flash App unavailable to you.
Automatically Collected Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of and access to the Flash App, including transactional information and such other information about your interaction with and use of the Flash App and the Service.
Other automatically collected information include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
• Device Identifiers:
We collect device-specific information, including, but not limited to, device type, operating system version, browser type and version, and the mobile network being used on the device through which you are accessing the Flash App. Device identifiers shall be associated with Your Flash Account on the Flash App.
• Device Location Information:
Depending on your device’s permissions, if you access or use the Flash App, we automatically collect and process information about the actual location of the device being used to access the Flash Platform. We use various technologies to determine the device’s location, including your device’s location API.You may opt out of our access to your device’s location information through disabling and/or denying the Flash App’s access to your device’s location, although doing so may render certain features of the Flash App unavailable to you.
• User Activity and Login Data:
We collect data in relation to user login to and use of the Flash App and the Service. Information/data collected by Flash in this respect include, but shall not be limited to:
* your login information (including your email address, Your Credentials, registration and account creation date, and records of successful and unsuccessful login attempts);
* details of transactions concluded and purchases paid for by you through the Flash App;
* records of amounts credited to Your Flash Account in the form of cashback or rewards arising from your use of the Service and/or your invitation of new users to the Flash App;
* records of the Eligible Sellers with whom you have previously transacted through the Flash App;
* the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer/device to the internet;
* your internet service provider (ISP);
* your device’s time zone settings;
* date and time stamp of each of your visits to the Flash App;
* navigation information; and
* device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures.• Cookies and
* Cookies and Similar Technologies:
Like many mobile applications and websites, we use "cookies" technology and other unique identifiers to store your preferences. “Cookies” are text files with small pieces of data (such as a username and password) that are transferred to your browser or device and that are used to identify your computer/device as you use a computer/device network. Cookies allow us to obtain certain types of information (including, but not limited to, your browsing history, your preferences, and your username) when your web browser or device accesses the Flash App.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive additional personal information about you from other third-party and/or public sources, including financial institutions, banks and government institutions and/or other public bodies.
We collect, store, use, share and process your personal information for, amongst other things, the following purposes:
* providing you with access to the Flash App;
* providing the Service to you and enabling you to make contactless payments using the Payment Services;
* transmitting of payment instructions in order to enable the processing of payments which you authorize or initiate using Your Flash Account;
* enabling you to make payments to Eligible Sellers using transaction specific QR Codes and any other payments using the Payment Services;
* providing customer support to you;
* providing you with records and details of payments made by you through the Flash App;
* allowing for personalization and offering you better services and products;offering you services which are relevant to your location;
* measuring and improving our Service and your use of and access to the Flash App;
* analyzing user trends and improving the administration of the Flash App and the Service;
preventing illegal activities, fraud and spam activities as well as providing you with a safe and secure platform;
* ensuring compliance with legal and/or regulatory obligations;
making disclosures to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled so to do by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose your personal information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of the Customer Agreement, other agreements;
or protect the rights, property, or safety of Flash, our users or others;
* troubleshooting problems;
* understanding how users use the Flash App and the Service;
* performing fraud detection;
* improving the Flash App and the Services;
* taking legal action or other procedures;
* providing you with promotional and marketing emails and verifying information you give us.
You can access, review and modify your personal information on the Your Flash Account section of the Flash App. If your personal information changes in any way, is incorrectly presented on the Flash App, or is outdated, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading in any way you must immediately update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing the Your Flash Account section of the Flash App or, alternatively, by contacting Customer Support.
You hereby expressly consent and agree to us communicating with you via email, SMS or in-app notification in connection with the Flash App and the Service to, amongst other things, confirm your registration and deliver other transactional messages in relation to the Service. As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt-out of such messages. However, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing communication at any time by clicking on the opt-out link in the email sent to you or by reaching out to Customer Support.
You may receive marketing and other communications from us if you:
* have requested such information from us;
* or use and access the Flash App and the Service.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the Arab Republic of Egypt. We take precautions to safeguard all your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure and we shall adhere to applicable laws and regulations in our transfer of your personal information outside of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
The internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information. However, Flash shall endeavor to protect users’ data by using best security standards and practices.
You must enter your username and Your Credentials and authenticate yourself, in accordance with the requirements of the Flash App, each time you want to access Your Flash Account and conclude transactions and make payments through the Flash App.
Choose Your Credentials carefully using unique numbers, letters and special characters. We recommend that you frequently update your password.
Never share your username and/or Your Credentials with anyone.
The posting by you of any personal information anywhere on the Flash App other than on the Your Flash Account section of the Flash App shall be at your own risk and may lead to the suspension of your use of and access to the Flash App.
If you are concerned that your username or Your Credentials has been compromised, please contact Customer Support immediately and ensure you change Your Credentials by logging onto the Your Flash Account section of the Flash App.
Flash does not consider anonymized information or non-personally identifiable data to constitute personal information, as it cannot be used to ascertain the identity of a specific individual.
We cannot control nor guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share your personal information with any Eligible Sellers or other users of the Flash App, we therefore encourage you to practice caution when sharing your personal information with Eligible Sellers and/or other users of the Flash App.
The Flash App may include links to third-party websites that are controlled by and maintained by others and which are completely unrelated to Flash. If you link or access such third-party websites, you will become subject to the privacy policies of said third-party websites. Any link to such third-party websites is not an endorsement of such websites, their content or their services or a warranty that such websites will be free of viruses or other such items of a destructive nature.
You may receive information relating to us or our affiliates or to the Service that is not known to the general public ("Confidential Information"), therefore You agree that: (a) all Confidential Information will remain our exclusive property, (b) you will use Confidential Information only as is reasonably necessary for your use of and access to the Service and your personal use of the Flash App, and (c) you will not otherwise disclose Confidential Information to any other person.
For any privacy-related matters or questions or for additional information, please check the privacy settings on the Your Flash Account section or contact Customer Support.